In my quest to find more healthy recipes on Pinterest, I came across this Coconut Curry Chicken Meatballs from The Bewitchin’ Kitchen.
She writes: “These clean eating meatballs are so darn good. Creamy curry with a hint of lime makes this paleo dinner a favorite of the whole family. 21 Day Fix approved!”
I asked my husband to make these (having a bit of a rough week with the chronic illness) and they were indeed “darn good.” He made a few substitutions since the small grocery store in our rural community doesn’t carry some of these items.
Definitely a Pinterest hit and added to my current recipe repertoire.
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped carrots
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. freeze dried cilantro (we used fresh)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not Whole30)
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic (we substituted 1/8 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter (we substituted peanut butter)
- 2Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
You can check out her recipe here.